free website stats program Broken Wheel Bearing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Broken Wheel Bearing

I just annoys me to see someone protect a dealer that isn't doing work properly just for profit and some people protect their identity.
I say post ANY dealer that has questionable standards and let the customer decide if they are comfortable using them, NOT protect their identity like was done here. It shows poor judgment on both parties parts.

It is not poor judgement in my opinion, but if that tech no longer works there I believe the dealer has done their job. When I talk to my friend who owns the bike and if he still works their, then I will absolutely name the dealer, but without that info. in my opinion I may deter people from going to a good dealer all because I thought the tech still works there, makes no sense to me. AGAIN THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!

Was there something about the removed damaged bearing that makes you think they were not Genuine HD bearings? Someone please explain to me how over tightening an axle that has two bearings with a steel sleeve between them, will break the bearing. They are not taper roller bearings. They are packaged ball bearings. You are squeezing two inner race collars together against a sleeve. If the sleeve was too short in length,, YES the bearings would be destroyed. But they would get destroyed even if the proper torque was applied.
You would have to put hundreds/ft pounds of excessive torque to distort the fixture if the sleeve was the proper length.

The torque value is important but not for the reason of damaging the bearings. This is not like the fall away bearing adjustment where a small amount of excessive of torque would destroy the bearings because there is no spacer sleeve to protect them.

I honestly cannot answer that, but this is what the service manager told my buddy. I do not know what to say.

Glider, it seems there is no winning with you and you know everything! I was just merely posting info. that was given to me, but do not have all the facts. Since I have poor judgement, I think I will use it and say (EDIT) this sight. No matter what I say you would say the opposite. I guess you know everything. I still do not think it is fair to trash anyone without knowing all the facts. Maybe I posted this to early but I was bored and messing around on the internet and just wanted to see if it happened to anyone else. I really do not know what your problem is but you always could have asked why I would not post the dealers name and I would have gladly told you. Like I said I want to be sure 100% before I talk bad about them.

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly cannot answer that, but this is what the service manager told my buddy. I do not know what to say.

Not throwing rocks at the topic and discussion because it is very interesting. But I think sometimes a message will get repeated and a fact is dropped or changed.

I go crazy anytime I hear that someone charges for Genuine parts and uses knock off parts. Happened to me several years ago with a Honda Cage. The dealer used several local knock off parts to complete a job on time. That's Fine, but charge me knock off price for the parts. No-- he charged me list Honda price. I caught it and went nuts. You can't pay more than Honda list price for any part. What a convenient and easy way to steal.

Since I have poor judgement, I think I will use it and say (EDIT) this sight. No matter what I say you would say the opposite.

Sorry you feel that way and seek to protect a dealer instead of the members here that could end up using that dealer in the meantime while you ponder your decision.
I would rather expose a dealer that doesn't have techs that know the proper way to fix a customers bike where their life isn't at stake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08HOG
Not going to trash the dealer but this guy is lucky he was not on the highway doing 60+ mph.
It's better that you don't mention the dealers name here so that others can go to this dealer and possibly loose their life from the shoddy work that they do.

I just annoys me to see someone protect a dealer that isn't doing work properly just for profit and some people protect their identity.
I say post ANY dealer that has questionable standards and let the customer decide if they are comfortable using them, NOT protect their identity like was done here. It shows poor judgment on both parties parts

Im confused here, First you said don't post then you said you should post the name of the dealer.

Am I missing something? I agree if a dealer is bad we all should know, Im just stating that you contradicted yourself here which is confusing

Im confused here, First you said don't post then you said you should post the name of the dealer.

Am I missing something? I agree if a dealer is bad we all should know, Im just stating that you contradicted yourself here which is confusing

I think you should re read what I posted.

"It's better that you don't mention the dealers name here so that others can go to this dealer and possibly loose their life from the shoddy work that they do. "

It's meaning is that the OP SHOULD post the dealers name. (loose their life from the shoddy work that they do.)

I think you should re read what I posted.

"It's better that you don't mention the dealers name here so that others can go to this dealer and possibly loose their life from the shoddy work that they do. "

It's meaning is that the OP SHOULD post the dealers name. (loose their life from the shoddy work that they do.)

Ahhh, ok. Dealing with a kidney infection and hypo thyroid right now so simple things aint so simple LOL

Back