free website stats program broken muffler bracket | Harley Davidson Forums

broken muffler bracket

cavs1429

Has anyone had this problem yet. Today we where riding around bear mountain and my friends 2009 street glide started to make all kinds of noise we stopped to take a look and what we found was the bracket that holds the muffler in palce the weld broke. Its welded to the bag support bracket no dealer has stock on this part. :bigsmiley18:

Thanks for the heads up CAVS.Hopefuly your buddy got the problem resolved well enough to get him home.Had something like that happen on my softail years ago.

Fortunatly Im getting fat (one of the few times this is fortunate) and had a leather belt to save the day.

My rear hangar on my 07 Streetbob broke warranty issue, never saw a bagger break but any thing is possible with the Milwaukee Vibrator should be a warranty issue here:s

We used plastic ties they got him home . Its covered under warranty but no one has stock.

If you where anywhere near me Id tell you to bring it by and I'd
weld it up for him, no charge.

Theres gotta be a shop around that will hook him up till he part comes in.:D

Has anyone had this problem yet. Today we where riding around bear mountain and my friends 2009 street glide started to make all kinds of noise we stopped to take a look and what we found was the bracket that holds the muffler in palce the weld broke. Its welded to the bag support bracket no dealer has stock on this part. :bigsmiley18:

I remember hearing about this from one of our Southern California riders, about an intermittant noise and finding loose hardware exhaust/muffler mounting... :( I think he even posted pix...I'll check back...! Read first post and pictures in post #23...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/touring_models/20251-tapping_noise_and_tranny_oil_leak_found_it.html

Last edited:

It happened to me. I installed saddlebag guards on my 09 Road Glide. The bracket that holds the muffler in place broke as soon as I started the engine. My neighbor fortunately saw the problem before I backed out of the garage.

My local dealer has given me superb service ever since I bought my bike but there was a new guy working in the parts department and he absolutely insisted that I bring the bike in for an inspection before he would order me the replacement parts. So, my neighbor and I lashed the muffler to the saddlebag support bar and rode the 25 miles to the dealer. The folks in the service department could not believe that the parts guy had insisted that I ride in for an inspection. They immediately ordered the replacement parts and everything has been fine for the past year. The new guy in the parts department no longer works at the dealer.

I broke the right bracket tonight as a result of too many (EDIT) roads here in SoCal. I'll have it welded up and then reinforced tomorrow. I've broken fairing brackets because of the lousy roads. It's hard to see all the problems in the road, especially at night.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Right hand muffle bracket, seems to be a 'normal' failure. Fixed under warrantee. Dealer didn't eve question it.

Some dealers you just have to laugh at. When my buddy called his dealer and told them he needed a bracket they asked him if he changed his pipes out. What does that have to do with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back