free website stats program Brass in my oil | Page 12 | Harley Davidson Forums

Brass in my oil

:s Both, I just dont remember it running this smooth plus the exhaust sounds different too, may just be me that said the crank sensor was beat up pretty bad on my engine that may be part of why it seems to run so much better now?

Jack I seem to remember the same thing after my reman. To this day it is still one of the smoothest running softails I've been on.

When my EVO or my Twin Cam need some TLC the HD Reman program will be my first move. Good program.

I highly recommend his program, very impressed with the look, in fact I do believe I have NEW crank cases:s

I highly recommend his program, very impressed with the look, in fact I do believe I have NEW crank cases:s

You probably do, in many cases it just makes more sense time wise just to start fresh than to reworking badly damaged parts. Isn't the VIN number stamped on the primary side?

You probably do, in many cases it just makes more sense time wise just to start fresh than to reworking badly damaged parts. Isn't the VIN number stamped on the primary side?

Yup, and it is the same as the MOCO needs to keep it that way

I know my cases were new and I have the same vin #. It is like Sunnysideup said it was easier and better to replace them. Harley has some paperwork to fill out to show that the left side case was destroyed and they can restamp the vin # on the new case. At least that was the story I got from my dealer.

I know my cases were new and I have the same vin #. It is like Sunnysideup said it was easier and better to replace them. Harley has some paperwork to fill out to show that the left side case was destroyed and they can restamp the vin # on the new case. At least that was the story I got from my dealer.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh so much to learn yet. To my knowledge, car manufacturers do not take the time for these details. Glad I asked in the event I purchase a used bike ever again. Is it possible they have a suffix or separate mark indicating it's a replacement case/part?

Ahhhhhhhhhhh so much to learn yet. To my knowledge, car manufacturers do not take the time for these details. Glad I asked in the event I purchase a used bike ever again. Is it possible they have a suffix or separate mark indicating it's a replacement case/part?

The #'s look identical. I took pictures of the motor before they took it out of the frame and my left side case had an indent near the front. When it came back the two scratches over the derby cover and the indent were not there and the surface where the #'s are stamped looked pristine. The service manager called me the day after I picked the bike up and said he called HD and they told him that the case had been replaced. From what I can tell the motor you get back from reman. is basically all new. With the one year unlimited mileage warranty it is hard to beat.

The #'s look identical. I took pictures of the motor before they took it out of the frame and my left side case had an indent near the front. When it came back the two scratches over the derby cover and the indent were not there and the surface where the #'s are stamped looked pristine. The service manager called me the day after I picked the bike up and said he called HD and they told him that the case had been replaced. From what I can tell the motor you get back from reman. is basically all new. With the one year unlimited mileage warranty it is hard to beat.

i seriously considered a reman engine a few weeks ago when my crank shaft went south,but my indy mechanic is good and i trust him so rebuilt mine and ended up with a 96ci stroker motor for around the same price as the reman motor well cheaper i guess because i would have had to pay the labor to have the reman motor installed.i wonder.....my bike is a 100th anniversary model the engine cases have the little 100th logo molded in to the cases would i have got that with a reman engine?

Good question about the logo. I would like to think that it would be a consideration but I guess the question is do they have access to those cases? Next time I'm in the dealer I'll ask the service mgr.

Back