free website stats program brake squel | Harley Davidson Forums

brake squel

PaPa T

Just changed front tire, tube and rim band due to a flat during winter. After carefully put it all back together and aligned. Now all of a sudden I have a real bad squel coming only when I am backing up the bike. Have no drag on it going forward and brakes work great. The sound is only backing up and applying the front brakes softly does not help. This is on a 09 Heritage. Any suggestions
Thank
PaPa T

I have found a couple of dabs tooth paste on rotor both sides takes off the shine & stops the squeal, why it started after tire removel i cant say.

Just changed front tire, tube and rim band due to a flat during winter. After carefully put it all back together and aligned. Now all of a sudden I have a real bad squel coming only when I am backing up the bike. Have no drag on it going forward and brakes work great. The sound is only backing up and applying the front brakes softly does not help. This is on a 09 Heritage. Any suggestions
Thank
PaPa T

Did the retainer spring get out of position when you but the wheel back on?

It wouldnt take much to have a mis aligned caliper after wheel removal, try taking the caliper off scuff the pads with some sand paper clean the pads with hot soapy water rinse let dry and reassemble and torque

Back