free website stats program Brake rotors | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake rotors

leedham

A friend enlightened me with this bit of information concerning brake rotors. I assume it revolves around Road Kings because we both own one. He states that at the factory, some brake rotors were mis-stamped left and right and installed. So now, I'm constantly comparing my stock rotor direction with nearly every other RK out there. Even checked out Glider's RK rotor which appear stock. ( nice sled, by the way! ) Anybody know if this is an urban legend or if it holds any truth ??

Thanks for the service bulletin Glider. On our guys trip to the mountains in May, one of the guys who is a former HD dealer tech. told me and my friend ( both '07's) that our rotors were on backward. His '05 and the two '04's in our group was different, and he pointed out that our left, said right, right said left. I had read my service manual enough to know ours were as factory installed, and the manual points out that they are stamped backward, but did not explain why. Now I know. :small3d018:

Funny, in the old days, bike tires had to be installed "in the direction of tire rotation" and were interchangable. Nowadays directions mean a bit more EXCEPT the case about the rotors...flip them if needed "Silence is Golden" and tfor better road feel.

Back