free website stats program brake pads | Harley Davidson Forums

brake pads

01 rk

Is there a brand of rear brake pads out there that will give you more than 4,000/5,000 mile of wear?
Having to change two to three times a year is expensive and a pain.
Thanks for any recommendations.

I thought I was bad having to change mine out every 20K I would think there may be something going on back there,might want to do a thorough check of the system...

Are you using the rear brakes for most of your stopping? Dual disc up front do a great job in stopping the larger bikes when used with the rear brakes JMO

Gee, that's not many miles. I agree something doesn't sound right. I do a lot of slow speed parking lot practice maneuvers and still get over 20k out of stockers. Now I've changed to the Lydall Gold for the brake dust reduction. So far really liking them. Quiet, stops great & little brake dust.

Are you using the rear brakes for most of your stopping? Dual disc up front do a great job in stopping the larger bikes when used with the rear brakes JMO

No, I use the front the majority of the time.
There is nothing wrong in the rear, the wheel was set using the swing arm axle, the rotor is true only shows .002 runout on a dial indicator.
I have H-D pads on now I have tried EBC, they were terrible.
The best I ever got was when the bike was new about 10k.

I have found the stock pads to be a fairly good match with the rotors if you get pads that are going to last longer they may be harder on the rotors and you end up replacing the rotors more often as they wear and warp

Brian

Unless you ride resting your right foot on the rear brake pedal, I would agree with others, something IS wrong back there. JMHO!:)

Back