free website stats program Brake Crush washer question | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake Crush washer question

Hoople

Account Removed
Late model Dyna Brakes. Would anyone know if the crush washers used on the Banjo brake fittings are aluminum or copper? Tks!

Hoople; I don't know if 2009's had a change, but my 2007 manual states
"start banjo bolt using NEW rubber/steel washers".

Humm, The part number that fits my bike is 41731-01. I will check and see if your year uses the same number. Thanks for the info. :s

Humm, The part number that fits my bike is 41731-01. I will check and see if your year uses the same number. Thanks for the info. :s

Hoop, if you have copper now you can use either copper or aluminum, are you working on your brakes right now, if not I have several hundred of these washers and can get them to you Quick, Jack

Jack, my rear brake light switch went south after a year and half. After reading the recent thread about all the rear brake pressure switches going bad prematurely, I was going to convert it to a switch of my choice. No point in dealing with this switch every year or so.
If you think I can use aluminum, I am covered because I am sure I have the size already. If they are the rubber o-ring inserted style, I will have to get my hands on a few.

It's a repair that is still under warranty but for $20 it's not worth spending a day at the dealership. Get this,, Rossmeyer wanted 100% over MSRP for the switch so I wrote a letter to HD headquarters about his con games. It will probably just get shredded.:p

Jack, my rear brake light switch went south after a year and half. After reading the recent thread about all the rear brake pressure switches going bad prematurely, I was going to convert it to a switch of my choice. No point in dealing with this switch every year or so.
If you think I can use aluminum, I am covered because I am sure I have the size already. If they are the rubber o-ring inserted style, I will have to get my hands on a few.

It's a repair that is still under warranty but for $20 it's not worth spending a day at the dealership. Get this,, Rossmeyer wanted 100% over MSRP for the switch so I wrote a letter to HD headquarters about his con games. It will probably just get shredded.:p

They are bad news arent they, never spending any money there again, if you need any extras give me a shout I can be there in an hour, Jack:s

Back