free website stats program Brad Penn Oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Brad Penn Oil

hotrodjohn

I have run Brad Penn oil in my racecar for years and have found it to be a very good lube. I run 20 50 and it is a semi synthetic. It looks like green slime. My question is can I run it in the Harley? I know it has a high level of zinc. I have cases of it already that is why I ask??
WAP.gif

If it is REALLY anything like the oil it is intended to replace (original green Kendall GT-1),, it is GREAT oil. The big question is if it is like the ORIGINAL Kendall GT-1. Don't know for sure.

The Conoco oil they label & call Kendall GT-1 that you see in auto parts stores today is just a plain old oil/ nothing special. The original REAL GT-1 was pulled from the market in the early 1990's. You can't use that oil in today's Cat & o2 cars because of our friends called the EPA. But that was Great oil.

But at least Conoco (who purchased Kendall) did remove the Green dye which would IMPLY to the unknowing that it was still the original formula. I will give them credit for that. That was a stand up move on their part.

Doesn't matter what the name is. The EPA reformulated automobile motor oils differently from motorcycle oils. Different cling and additive packages. Buy motorcycle oils for motorcycles and car oils for cars.

If it is REALLY anything like the oil it is intended to replace (original green Kendall GT-1),, it is GREAT oil. The big question is if it is like the ORIGINAL Kendall GT-1. Don't know for sure.

The Conoco oil they label & call Kendall GT-1 that you see in auto parts stores today is just a plain old oil/ nothing special. The original REAL GT-1 was pulled from the market in the early 1990's. You can't use that oil in today's Cat & o2 cars because of our friends called the EPA. But that was Great oil.

But at least Conoco (who purchased Kendall) did remove the Green dye which would IMPLY to the unknowing that it was still the original formula. I will give them credit for that. That was a stand up move on their part.

My 60 Fl liked Kendall nitro 70 oil:s

Jack, The Original Green Kendall GT-1 was an awesome oil indeed. I never used the Nitro 70 but I am sure it was loaded with the same good additives. I used the GT-1 in several cages with virtually no change in compression & leak down for the time I owned the car. Those were the days.

I am almost positive the oil back then was not a Pennsylvania Grade Crude Oil (Paraffin-Base Crude). I am almost certain it was a Texas based crude (Asphaltic-Base Crude Oils) which left you with an IMMACULATE engine inside with no sign of waxes left behind like Castrol GTX would leave.

Believe it or not that info came from Smokey Yunick himself directly to me. Therefore I trust it to be true.

this is the first i've heard of this oil. i did pass the refinery on U S 219 on the way to Canada and did see oil wells in people's yards. a way to tell if oil is a parrafin base or asphalt base is to place a drop on white paper. as it spreads out the asphalt will leave small black specks in the center while the parrafin will not. doesn't mean anything just a way to tell.

Jack, The Original Green Kendall GT-1 was an awesome oil indeed. I never used the Nitro 70 but I am sure it was loaded with the same good additives. I used the GT-1 in several cages with virtually no change in compression & leak down for the time I owned the car. Those were the days.

I am almost positive the oil back then was not a Pennsylvania Grade Crude Oil (Paraffin-Base Crude). I am almost certain it was a Texas based crude (Asphaltic-Base Crude Oils) which left you with an IMMACULATE engine inside with no sign of waxes left behind like Castrol GTX would leave.

Believe it or not that info came from Smokey Yunick himself directly to me. Therefore I trust it to be true.
Remember how thick and Green it was kind of like Pea Soup LOL:s

Back