free website stats program Blinking Turn Signals, No Start '08 Softail Fatboy | Harley Davidson Forums

Blinking Turn Signals, No Start '08 Softail Fatboy

Went to take my fatboy for a ride today and encountered for the first time when I turned the ignition switch on - a quick blinking 4x between left and right turn signals. All lights working, then went turned on engine run switch and heard fuel noise and went to start - no start!

Turned it all off - tried again. On 3d try successfully started. Turned it off, waited for reset. Lights continued to blink, but was able to start so took it for a spin arond the block.

Parked it back in my garage and let it cool. went through the process again with same results.

Read on some liks here to run a diagnostic and did so with following results:

P> "no rsp" ( no part nr)
S> "none" (pn 68925-07)
SP> "none" (pn 67196-08)
Tb> "no rsp"

Looked up the pns on the forum and one link stated these are just the part numbers providing the diagnostics and they don't need replacement.

I also read that this can be caused by potential FOB battery issues. I will change these ( haven't done so in the 2 years since purchase). Alarm is installed on the bike and haven't had any problems to date.

Can anyone help further? I am at an end as to what this might be other than the fob batteries?

Thanks

Sure sounds to me the security system is kicking in. Change FOB batteries. It you have the Siren Option then you also would have a siren issue. That would not surprise me. Those sirens are no really high quality units.

thanks for the quick reply - will change batteries tomorrow and see how it goes. Could moisture be a factor? It's been raining quite a bit and more humid than normal.

Do you have the optional Siren module or do you have just the basic Factory security. (turn signal flashing w/ ignition kill only without siren noise)

I would pull the Maxi Fuse just to see if the Siren works. Pulling the Maxi fuse with the ignition key OFF should immediately make the siren blow regardless of FOBs using the back up battery within the siren module.

It almost sounds like both your siren is not working and the FOB batteries are weak/dead.

Try placing both FOB's on the seat and using the key, try to start bike.

(note...removing Maxi-Fuse will result in the Time of Day display to now show 12:00. You will have to re-set )

OK. Thanks.

Excuse my ignorance but where do I find the maxi fuse?

And as far as key, the only key I have is to unlock the front wheel lock and ignition switch.

Thanks for your help, its very appreciated

On my 2009 FXDL the Maxi Fuse is the single Large 40 amp "pull with two fingers" fuse located under the chrome fuse caddy cover on the left side of the bike.

I also have my fork lock and ignition key all in "one". Take the fobs off the key ring and place them on the seat. Insert key into ignition and see if engine will now crank.

(You want those FOB's as close to the TSSM/ECM as possible)

Back