free website stats program Bike quirks | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike quirks

mrjimchil

I have a 2005 FLHTCUI that will stop running when it wants to. The whole dash shuts down, it will take up to 5 min to reset and decide to run again. It has no repeteable pattern. I replace the 50 amp curcit breaker it went farther that it had before this. This just started 4 weeks ago I had it at a local HD dealer which had the bike for 2 weeks and said they could not fix it. Where should I look next is it possible that it is heat related or a curcit breaker that I am missing?:(

I have a 2005 FLHTCUI that will stop running when it wants to. The whole dash shuts down, it will take up to 5 min to reset and decide to run again. It has no repeteable pattern. I replace the 50 amp curcit breaker it went farther that it had before this. This just started 4 weeks ago I had it at a local HD dealer which had the bike for 2 weeks and said they could not fix it. Where should I look next is it possible that it is heat related or a curcit breaker that I am missing?:(

Start at the battery, check all grounds, check charging system and ignition switch, seems to me there were problems with them:s

Also check the terminal on the end(s) of the cable(s) that attach to the 50 amp circuit breaker. A bad crimp/solder connection gets covered up by heat shrink and you cannot see it but can usually feel heat on the end of the cable at the circuit breaker when bike quits. Changing the terminals will solve that problem.

-Paul

Also check the terminal on the end(s) of the cable(s) that attach to the 50 amp circuit breaker. A bad crimp/solder connection gets covered up by heat shrink and you cannot see it but can usually feel heat on the end of the cable at the circuit breaker when bike quits. Changing the terminals will solve that problem.

-Paul

+1 sounds like a cicuit breaker is tripping!

Back