free website stats program Bike backfiring & dying? | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike backfiring & dying?

Just got home (luckily) from a 150 mile ride. As I was approaching a stop sign, my bike back fired when I down shifted. It did this a couple of times then died while running about 30mp. Every time I came to a stop, it would do the same thing. I would have to keep rolling the throttle to keep it running. It ran fine on the highway at 55 to 60. When I pulled in the drive at home, it died again.

Any suggestions or ideas? I would appreciate any and all. Thanks!

Just got home (luckily) from a 150 mile ride. As I was approaching a stop sign, my bike back fired when I down shifted. It did this a couple of times then died while running about 30mp. Every time I came to a stop, it would do the same thing. I would have to keep rolling the throttle to keep it running. It ran fine on the highway at 55 to 60. When I pulled in the drive at home, it died again.

any mods done lately? any codes?

It has the same symptoms of a stuck or dirty Idle Air Controller. There's a couple of items in the self help forum under fuel inj. dealing with this. Here is one.Idle Air Control - Archive - Harley Davidson Community

any chance of vandalism ?

i know a guy, similar situation, found a pile of dirt in his tank.
had to remove, clean, and get a new fuel filter

Back