free website stats program bigger bore cyls. | Harley Davidson Forums

bigger bore cyls.

fattyboy

Hi everybody! I am still working on the 113 build,I had to take it apart,bad knock,Found bad rod bearing,got another se stroker crank,Had the cyls. bored 10 over already once,now i have to go 10 over again,so thats 20 over does anybody no where i can get some pistons?The stock bore on these cyls. where 4.060 now their 20 over.and with being 20 over im i going to have proublums!!!!Thanks So Much!!!!

Just a thought why not sleeve cylinders back to earlier spec??? Going 20 over will it compromise reliability and is rest of engine, drive train, and is it capable of handling additional power?????????

I didnt no about sleeving the cyls. does it cost a lot??

I can not answer that but with Jacks info and researching out a renowned engine builder in your area you should be able to get it taken care of......

I didnt no about sleeving the cyls. does it cost a lot??

IMO it would be cheaper and faster to buy new cylinders and pistons, there is a lot of machine work to resleeve and then to find out they may or may not fit the cases? Plus you can rebore at even sizes again from there JMO

IMO it would be cheaper and faster to buy new cylinders and pistons, there is a lot of machine work to resleeve and then to find out they may or may not fit the cases? Plus you can rebore at even sizes again from there JMO

i agree look at revolution they make top of the line stuff

You don't need to re-sleeve the 4.060" cylinders; they will easily accommodate a .020" over bore; I have run them a .030" overbore and would not be concerned with a larger over bore.

CP, JE, Wiseco, MTC and KB are piston supply options. They might not be "off the shelf" and you will pay a premium; I know for sure CP can provide them as I have bought custom piston sets from them before. The problem with CP is that you cannot buy just one set; you need to buy 2, IIRC. Call Randy at King of Cubes. He can include your piston set in one of his orders and save you some money. Your biggest problem will be making sure that you find a piston/ring/pin assembly that is close to the same weight as the H-D piston. Heavier would be OK but is lighter, you will most likely have an irritating harmonic vibration somewhere in the rpm range. Or, you can select any piston you want and have the crank balanced to that piston.

MTC can resleeve your cylinders for $370; I have run a set of their resleeved cylinders and can recommend them for quality and workmanship. If you decide to go that route, send them a set of OEM pistons and they will bore/hone to fit.

Catalog Price List - MTC Engineering LLC

Hi all, Just to let everybody no i had to have je build me a set of pistons,Had 4.060 cyls. that had to take 20 over.far as balance they said that they should be the same as the pistons i sent in,Couldnt just buy 2 had to buy 4,should get them in about 2 weeks.I will let you all no how everythig go,s.Thanks for all the info,You people are always a BIG HELP.

Back