big sucker stage 1 or stage 2

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by wideglidehog01, Sep 8, 2011.

1. wideglidehog01

wideglidehog01 Member

Is there any difference between the backing plate of an arlen ness big sucker stage 1 or stage 2? :33:

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Your best bet would be to contact the AN company and check with them.n More than likely it's the same plate with a taller filter.

Arlen Ness

3. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

It appears the backing plate is the same, stage II filter is bigger. Below is cut/pasted from A.N. website.
    Stage I kit features a Team-Ness High-Flow filter that accepts all 1993 and up oval or round OEM outer covers. Stage II kit features a 20% larger Team-Ness High-Flow filter that requires an 8" round Ness or OEM outer cover.

All kits include a "Big Sucker" aluminum backing plate, Team Ness High-Flow air filter, chrome banjo bolts for Twin Cam 88 and 1993 and up EVĀ² Big Twin, simple instructions and all necessary hardware. "Chrome" Sucker kits include a Smooth-style, steel, chromed cover. Kits available with either satin or chrome backing plate.

4. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

If I'm not mistaken, the stage 1 has 3 bolts holding the filter on and the Stage 2 has 4.

5. wideglidehog01

wideglidehog01 Member

called arlen ness and the backing plates are the same for stage 1 and 2 for the big sucker.

6. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

If they are still made the same then they are both poorly made and stand a good chance of breaking. Get a K&N or an SE. Ask me how I know.......................:D

Bodeen