free website stats program Best slip ons for Road Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Best slip ons for Road Glide

Not thrilled with sound or lack there of on stock bike. Also one who likes to listen to audio while cruising. Any idea what might bring me to a happy place. There is a company somebody mentioned whose name I can't remember that has removable baffles so you can "adjust" rumble. Any ideas, Thanks

There have been hundreds of threads almost identical to this.

Your best bet is one of two options:

1. Go to a "bike night" type event and listen to lots of different bikes. Talk to the riders using any pipes you might be considering.

2. Go to a dealer and look at the used bike section for any bikes that have after market pipes and have the dealer start them up so you can listen.

This forum, as well as YouTube, has sound bites of different pipes but now you're limited by your computer speakers and won't really get a real world sound sample.

I put on American Custom with the baffles and really like the mid range baffles, I can listen to radio. 2011 FLHTK w/screamin eagle a/c, gen3,

Went on a ride just yesterday, a friend on the ride had American Customs he'd just installed. He had them set up aggressive, they sounded good, not overbearing or obnoxious and looked really good. Here's their site.

Products

Vance & Hines Monster Ovals. Deep throaty rumble, not too loud, not quiet.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back