Best slip ons for Road Glide

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by road glide ultra, Mar 19, 2012.

1. road glide ultra

road glide ultra New Member

Not thrilled with sound or lack there of on stock bike. Also one who likes to listen to audio while cruising. Any idea what might bring me to a happy place. There is a company somebody mentioned whose name I can't remember that has removable baffles so you can "adjust" rumble. Any ideas, Thanks

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

There have been hundreds of threads almost identical to this.

Your best bet is one of two options:

1. Go to a "bike night" type event and listen to lots of different bikes. Talk to the riders using any pipes you might be considering.

2. Go to a dealer and look at the used bike section for any bikes that have after market pipes and have the dealer start them up so you can listen.

This forum, as well as YouTube, has sound bites of different pipes but now you're limited by your computer speakers and won't really get a real world sound sample.

3. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

4. recharge

recharge Member

I put on American Custom with the baffles and really like the mid range baffles, I can listen to radio. 2011 FLHTK w/screamin eagle a/c, gen3,

5. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

6. Went on a ride just yesterday, a friend on the ride had American Customs he'd just installed. He had them set up aggressive, they sounded good, not overbearing or obnoxious and looked really good. Here's their site.

Products

7. HOLY DIVER

HOLY DIVER Junior Member

Screamin Eagle has an awsome sounding slip on.sounds good but not so loud you can't listen to the radio

8. martillo

martillo Active Member

Can't go wrong with Rhineharts or Bubs #7

9. RibEye

RibEye Junior Member Contributor

Vance & Hines Monster Ovals. Deep throaty rumble, not too loud, not quiet.

Enjoy,
    Rich P