free website stats program Best motorcycle cover? | Harley Davidson Forums

Best motorcycle cover?

DaveInPA

Frozen Account
So, I'm getting my bike tomorrow, and unfortunately, I don't have a garage. So, I need a good, durable, waterproof cover. It has to be suitable to protect my bike in all weather conditions.

What do you guys recommend?

Bought mine off of Ebay for around $35-40. My bike is garaged and I only cover it if I know I won't be riding for several days to weeks so I can't vouch for it's stoutness in an outdoor application. I know this comes as a huge surprise but - Harley sells one !!! You might get a nice discount if you buy it at the same time as you pick up your bike.

I got the one from the dealer and it has been fine. (No garage here either.) I also got an indoor one (i.e., just a dust cover) for the winter. I'm thinking about using that underneath the waterproof one just because it is softer and easier on the finish.

BTW, in case you don't know...wait until the pipes cool before putting on the cover. The pipes will scuff when they are hot. (Easy to clean up with Never-Dull Wadding.)

The dealership threw in a $90 waterproof cover when I picked up my bike today. :)

I'll probably uncover and wipe it down every day even if I'm not doing any riding. With how ungodly humid it is around here right now, I'm sure there will be some condensation.

I bought one of HD's covers for my 07 Heritage. Fits fine except that over time it will wear on the top rear of the backrest, making it look shinny. Have to touch it up with black shoe polish every now and then. Does the same on the saddlebags also in different places. But I have to have one on the bike because of where I park it when at work.

Howdy Folks:

I bought a cover at Sprawl-Fart for about $20.00 and it is not bad. One suggestion, get a logo for the most unpopular bike you can think of and put it all over any cover, it may help keeping thieves away.

There are some nice hard frame covers around that open like a shell, these will require some space not on public spaces.

Best to all,

Pixs :drunk

waterproof ones should be used for out side and to protect from rain.
All other covers should breath

The bike unfortunately will always be outside, I don't have a garage. That's why I got the waterproof cover. Should I get a breathable cover for times I know it's not supposed to rain?

The dealership threw in a $90 waterproof cover when I picked up my bike today. :)

I'll probably uncover and wipe it down every day even if I'm not doing any riding. With how ungodly humid it is around here right now, I'm sure there will be some condensation.

Sounds like a nice dealer.

My preferred method of removing condensation from a motorcycle is to:

1: Remove cover.
2: Start bike.
3: Ride bike in such a manner that people might thing you stole it.
4: Continue riding until you're smiling like an idiot.
5: Repeat daily

Back