free website stats program Best Carb Sporty | Harley Davidson Forums

Best Carb Sporty

Sporty 48

Looking for another Sportster, one with a carburetor.
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the Electronic Fuel Injection.
Just sometimes I think the Sportster EFI is the neglected child in the MoCo Family, no anti knock, no rear cylinder turn off, limited ECU capacity......
Want rubber mount, EVO, anything else?
Suggestions?

My vote would be for 04 - 05 XL1200C b/c this was the initial change to rubber-mount engine...good luck w/your search.

I like the solid mount sporties 1993 - 2003 gives you the 5 speed gearbox and belt final drive but i would go for 94 or later for the stronger oil tank designe and the larger derby cover and all the tinware will fit up to 2003

Brian

04 and older still had trap door for the tranny, no need to split the case to work on the guts:s

Carbureted Sportsters? starting from the latest 2006 to 2004, rubber mounted current generation style regarding tins and running gear...stick with XL1200R w/ dual front disc brakes and more "roadster-worthy performance" at the sacrifice of less "bling".

2003 to 1994 in the "roadster" style is still preferred over the "custom"; this range has the most consistant samples with small incremental changes betwen years...AND a large fielded base to find pristine examples at great prices.

Any way you slice it, if you are patient you will find that perfect one! :s

Go for an ironhead. The old ones just have a look that cannot be beaten. Parts may be hard to find, but they are just so cool looking.

Attachments

• XLCH.jpg
    XLCH.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 16
Back