Best Bike Cover

Discussion in 'Accessories and Merchandise Collections.' started by Ultra Will, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Ultra Will

Ultra Will Member

Im needing a new Bike cover for my FLT.
    I currently use a Nelson Rigg and although it has served me well,
    its now full of holes from the hot pipes...

I try to let the bike cool down before covering it but waiting is usually not possible...

Is there a cover with a heat shield all the way around?

2. RibEye

RibEye Junior Member Contributor

3. Midnight Reign

Midnight Reign Active Member

I use the HD covers because the seem to fit the best, and they are nice and sturdy, and have the lower section that wont burn up on hot pipes. I have also used the DOWCO's and liked them as well. The HD covers are a little more expensive but built well and last. The only thing I dont like about the HD covers is the huge Logo's on them. I would prefer to not advertise to any would be thieves. My last couple Dowco covers also had the heat resistent section around the bottom.

4. Webbtron

Webbtron Banned

Duraschield out of Minnesota I believe $20 free shipping. Great for traveling and a solid dust cover in the garage.

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Dowco when I had baggers:s Nice fit, good price, heat shield on the bottom and windshield protector sewed in

6. Ultra Will

Ultra Will Member

Thank you Rich.
    This drive in cover would be perfect! Too bad it doesnt fold small enough to keep it in the tourpak.
    I want it primarily for when i leave the bike parked during work. I may just save my pennies and get one and keep it here at work!
    [​IMG]

7. 01 rk

01 rk Active Member

I have Exigent covers for my RK and FLHTCI both a good fit, well made, fit in saddle bag, made in the USA. No logos.

8. YnotBiker

YnotBiker Active Member

Try http://www.BeverlyBay.com For $44 (plus tax & shipping) I got a very large cover with vents, a lower strap and heat shields. It compresses into a foot tall sack. They have a large collection. I got the SilverMax because it matches the white walls of my apartment multi-space garage. It's hard to see it from the busy street and it keeps my FatBob clean from the constant dust.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012