best battery

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by 36meterz, May 20, 2009.

1. 36meterz

36meterz Member

they always say stick with original equipment . but is there some thing better?

2. jel123

jel123 Active Member

oddessey

3. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I use Dekka batteries in everthing. I think that Interstate batteries are poor quality but that is what I think

4. dangerdan

dangerdan Junior Member

Same.. More reserve power

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

The key here is make sure the replacement battery fits exactly, with the terminals and wiring laying as they were. In the case of my Sporty, many aftermarket batteries do not have an exact replacement. So before you substitute make sure it fits and meets the CCA rating of the HD OEM battery.

BTW, as Smitty says the HD OEM battery is very good and if you maintain it with a good battery tender, you should be good for at least 7-9 years before needing a change...pretty hard to beat that!

6. jims87flh

jims87flh Banned

I just got a HD AGM battery, Love it! Was about $120 with the hog discount.
    Made to last longer, maint. free.

7. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I like the Odyssey batteries just because they are super tough. Not the cheapest option however. See here:

Odyssey Drycell Batteries

TQ

8. DavHJ

DavHJ Member

I just got 9 years out of a HD AGM battery and replaced it with the same thing.
    HD AGM is in my opinion is the way to go.
    Dave

9. dangerdan

dangerdan Junior Member

May I should consider a battery tender, never had a battery last more than 4 years

10. tadiorio

tadiorio Member

I installed a Dekka 11/7/11. Topped it off before I installed it. Always had it on a tender. Every day when I parked in the garage, I connected the tender faithfully.
    Well, sorry to say I need to replace it. Showed sever signs of stress early July now dead. Charger/tender says it's fully charged but no current to start the bike. I am very disappointed.