free website stats program Best American Custom Recipe | Harley Davidson Forums

Best American Custom Recipe

hotrodjohn

What have you guys done to the american custom baffles? I am running the short baffles,mid rumble I believe. Just for fun I took out the left baffle and kept the right one in and headed off to get a burger. Sounded great for bike night but a bit much to avoid the noise police. So then I took the left baffle and opened up the holes one size on a step drill and added another hole to each row, that is where I left it for now. Need to go for a long ride. See enclosed pics. The baffle on the right in the picture is in the right pipe now, I did try the opened up baffle in the right and it was louder than in the left but I figure since I am running the stock crossover pipe that more backpressure in the right pipe might be the way to go.:D

Attachments

• Baffles.jpg
    Baffles.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 85
Hey hotrod, I am seriously considering going the American Custom for my Softail. I am currently completly stock. How is your set up and how do you like them? I plan on getting the dobeck and I am not sure if I want to go Arlen Nes or K&N for my A/C. I have read some mixed opinions on them from some good gurus here, but the price and the sound seem well worth looking into. thanks.

Hey hotrod, I am seriously considering going the American Custom for my Softail. I am currently completly stock. How is your set up and how do you like them? I plan on getting the dobeck and I am not sure if I want to go Arlen Nes or K&N for my A/C. I have read some mixed opinions on them from some good gurus here, but the price and the sound seem well worth looking into. thanks.

Go with the K&N for your A/F. Stay away from the Big Sucker! Cheap junk IMO.

Bodeen

Nice product but I knew that when I saw them I could have.made them myself. I have a tfi on the bike and a k&n filter. Bike feels stronger but the mileage suffered
WAP.gif

Het Bcortani, my wife has the 2011 softail deluxe. She chose the american custom as her slip ons. I was lucky enough to be the one to install them. I didn't think their quality was all that great. A mounting holes for the baffles didn't line up. I was able to get them to work. But what really bothered me about american custom is their service. They say they will give you "credit" for returning your stock pipes. My wife did that. But they said no credit because of the catalitic converter. They mention nothing of this at time of purchase. When she spoke with them about returning her stock pipes, they said they wouldn't pay for the return shipping (even tho she paid to ship them to them).

As for the TFI, I did get to install that too (dobeck of course). I have one on my 09 RKC, and I love it. Hers runs great too! I did swap out the stock AC for a SE AC. With the TFI, no remapping was needed. It did it all. Hope this helps.

2011 FLHR- American Custom with mid rumble baffles, V/H Fuelpack and V/H V02 a/c setup. Very happy with the quality of the pipes and asolutely love the sound, just a bit louder than stock. American Custom will not accept any slip-on pre-07. One reason is because of the cat, the other reason is they don't want old pipes being sent back in that they can't resale(old). All that info is on their website:s

Hammerhead...

Still happy with the American Custom pipes? Thinking of going that way myself - anything you would change? Really looking for something to cut down on the heat!

Hammerhead...

Still happy with the American Custom pipes? Thinking of going that way myself - anything you would change? Really looking for something to cut down on the heat!

Yep, very happy with the pipes/sound! As far as the heat, you gotta get rid of the cat, you won't believe the difference in throttle response and rider comfort!!

Thanks Hammerhead!

My wife is going to be REALLY mad at you now... promised I'd remodel the bathroom, but it looks like the big box off the brown truck won't be the custom faucets. Guess I could always say I did it for her since it will be cooler on her tootsies too.

Back