free website stats program Best after market slip-ons? | Harley Davidson Forums

Best after market slip-ons?

GimmeFuel

The orginial owner removed the baffles on my bike and rejetted the carbs. I love the sound that it has, but I know it lost some hp and low end torque when it was done. What would be the best after market slip-ons for maintaining that throaty sound while giving the bike its power and torque back?

The orginial owner removed the baffles on my bike and rejetted the carbs. I love the sound that it has, but I know it lost some hp and low end torque when it was done. What would be the best after market slip-ons for maintaining that throaty sound while giving the bike its power and torque back?

Another option is to replace just the baffles. Big City Thunder makes replacement baffles. They have 2 versions, Thunder Monster Baffles and QQ Thunder Monster Baffles. The QQ baffles are the quieter version of the baffles.

Here is the link to them.

Big City Thunder - QQ Thunder Monster Baffles

Randall

Reality is that only YOU can determine what you LIKE best. Go to some Rallies, meets or you local HD Dealership that has used bikes and check out what sound good to you on a similar bike (model and year). Try to find out what mods have been done to the engine otherwise the same cans may not sound the same on your engine.

TQ

Can you keep the slips you got on the scoot now and just fit some baffles in there instead of buying new ?

Can you keep the slips you got on the scoot now and just fit some baffles in there instead of buying new ?

That's what I'm hoping to do. I hope that that Thunder place makes baffles that fit stock pipes. I just want to come as close as reasonably possible to preserving that throaty sound that my bike has without the baffles.

I've got stock mufflers on my '07 Heritage. I sent them to American Custom, and they sent them back with their "mid-rumble" baffles. Or I can take them out run without baffles. The bike isn't much louder, it just has a better rumble and a little deeper tone. It's like Anna Nicole Smith with a Tanya Tucker voice now. Will the Big City or Honda baffles work also now that the original mufflers have been modified to take American Custom baffles?

Back