bent my handlebars , how too id them

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by jerryw618, Sep 8, 2010.

1. jerryw618

jerryw618 Member

hello again . dropped the bike and bent the handlebars , how do i identify them to get the right replacements ??? it is a 2007 XL883Low
    the bars are not tall like apes they are kind of low and pulled back . and ar the difficult to replace ? i will have to take off all the levers switches and mirrors right?

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Are they the factory bars? Check at dealer. With the repair manual it will give you step by step instructions. Not very hard.

3. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

Really easy to change, if the wires are ran external.

Just make sure if you decide to upgrade, to make sure your cables and wires are long enough :s

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

And cover your gas tank just because:s

5. Crocker

Crocker Active Member

I run these bars on my Vrod , dont have the part number on hand ,but as said easy to look up ,if I remember they are around $58.00 US.they coome in Black also

6. jerryw618

jerryw618 Member

yes they are the factory bars ,and i have my shop manual its up in the storage unit with my tools . ill try too get it this weekend . hopefully dealer will have the bars in stock .

thanks im worrying less now

7. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

One of the most important little things to do, is pull the front brake lever and put a spacer (the eye of a small tie wrap works) between the lever and perch.
    If you don't it's very easy to break the stoplight switch when reassembling.

8. nakkers

nakkers Active Member

Check ebay for replacement bars. It's an option that could save.......