free website stats program bent my handlebars , how too id them | Harley Davidson Forums

bent my handlebars , how too id them

jerryw618

hello again . dropped the bike and bent the handlebars , how do i identify them to get the right replacements ??? it is a 2007 XL883Low
the bars are not tall like apes they are kind of low and pulled back . and ar the difficult to replace ? i will have to take off all the levers switches and mirrors right?

Are they the factory bars? Check at dealer. With the repair manual it will give you step by step instructions. Not very hard.

Really easy to change, if the wires are ran external.

Just make sure if you decide to upgrade, to make sure your cables and wires are long enough :s

I run these bars on my Vrod , dont have the part number on hand ,but as said easy to look up ,if I remember they are around $58.00 US.they coome in Black also

Are they the factory bars? Check at dealer. With the repair manual it will give you step by step instructions. Not very hard.

yes they are the factory bars ,and i have my shop manual its up in the storage unit with my tools . ill try too get it this weekend . hopefully dealer will have the bars in stock .

thanks im worrying less now

One of the most important little things to do, is pull the front brake lever and put a spacer (the eye of a small tie wrap works) between the lever and perch.
If you don't it's very easy to break the stoplight switch when reassembling.

Back