free website stats program battery re-install-? for glider | Harley Davidson Forums

battery re-install-? for glider

Ian Wayne

Hey glider! Just a question about putting my battery back in after storage. Do i have to re enter my security code after i finish going through the configuration mode or will the bike remember it?? Thanx Ian..02 wide glide

If you pulled the maxi fuse with ignition on before disconnecting it, the code shouldn't be necessary but you'll find out when you reinstall the battery. Let us know how you make out.

glider..Thanx for the quick reply. I just unhooked the battery and pulled it out.Unfortunately were i store it i cant plug in a battery tender yet,soon though.Thanks i'll keep ya posted.Ian.

Hey glider! Just a question about putting my battery back in after storage. Do i have to re enter my security code after i finish going through the configuration mode or will the bike remember it?? Thanx Ian..02 wide glide

Ian,

I have an '03 UC, and have pulled my battery numerous times - sometimes for extended periods. I have never done anything other than just reinstall it. The only thing that I have had to "reprogram" is the radio channels. I don't think you have that worry.

TQ

You should not need to enter the security code. I did not have to on my 08. I believe they do it like that so the dealer does not have to deal with it every time they disconnect a battery.

Thanks Dadzlowrider. I heard that that was the case after you disconnect and re install but wasn't sure we'll see what happens.Thanx everyone that replied....Ian..

Back