Bars for road king

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by ROOT BEER KING, Nov 30, 2013.

1. RUSHMORE_14

RUSHMORE_14 Junior Member

Ok...I've mentioned before on here that I was getting bars. Running into problems as to how each pair will fit.
    I'm 5'8" and had a Heritage as my last bike, those bars were good could've been a bit shorter. I know wild1 chubby makes a 10" ape. The question I have is the position of the base of the bars, are the farther away on the neck than the heritage?
    Also, I've looked at the Khrome Werks 2+2 sweepers and the Wild1 10" apes. Hard to tell if I can't sit on same bike with those bars.
    Need help.
    [​IMG]

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

3. RUSHMORE_14

Was trying to stay away from risers, they will work on touring bikes?
    [​IMG]

4. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

The only risers I've seen that fit a RK are staight up.Not the curved back.I put what they call Heritage styled bars on my RK.They aren't exactly Heritage bars,but they add 3 inches towards you,and are very comfortable,for me.They're stock on 2014 RK's.I don't know if the neck is further away on the RK,but the whole seating position is different than with a Heritage.

5. RUSHMORE_14

I'm trying to be more upright in the seat position, not leaning so much forward. How's the pullback ?
    [​IMG]

6. Wlindsey

Wlindsey Member

I put a set of Dresser bars on my RK. They ended up being like a set of mini apes and are a whole lot more comfortable than the RK bars.

7. dogg

dogg Member

Heritage bars will fit your Road King without changing anything. If you liked them before you will like them again

8. RUSHMORE_14

But will they be fitting differently on a RK?
    [​IMG]

9. DFHarley19

DFHarley19 Active Member

I have Heritage bar on my 2010 RKC and like them better than stock bar. I don't remember the size of bar... You can try them at dealer which I did.

10. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

You will already be more upright on the RK as compared to the Heritage.If you sit on a 2014 you'll know what the heritage style bars will feel like,they're stock for 2014 RK's.If you don't like that, switch with the bars you have?