free website stats program bars and heat shield material | Harley Davidson Forums

bars and heat shield material

ashenfang

Couple questions. My new XL883 is not to bad of a ride, but I feel the bars could come up just a tad, and back maybe a couple inches. The main thing is, I don't want to mess around with the wires/cables/brakes. How much can you get away with on rise and pull back with stock stuff? And of course, what bars would you use in place of them?

What is the material of the heat shields on the exhaust? Is it chrome plated mild steel or chrome plated stainless?

as always, thanks for the reply hobbit....you seem to be the sportster know-it-all LOL.

I figured about two inches either way. I feel like I am leaned forward just a bit too much, so would you come up two inches, or back two inches? And how would you do this.......

As for the heat shields. The reason I ask, is because of the now known problem of the rear heat shield not sitting properly on the slip on. I thought about cutting off 1/2" so it would seat okay (i know its cosmetic, but drives me nuts LOL) Maybe it would be better to just "bend" out the curve slightly to get it to seat? I really don't want to pay $110.00 from the dealer for a new 2007-2008 rear cylinder heat shield just to get rid of that small gap :p

thanks for the link hobbit, so these wouldn't require any new cabling ect? I only ask cause they say 4.5" pull back risers. I am struggling to see exactly how they work......I know on my bike the low rise bars are "clamped" in a sandwich just above the bearings. Where would these go?

thanks again hobbit. Sorry I am a total noob at this. So 4.5" pull back risers will work with stock wiring and cables? I only ask because at first you mentioned 2", but I am assuming that has something to do with all in one direction. Thanks again.

Back