free website stats program Badlander seat on softail | Harley Davidson Forums

Badlander seat on softail

BOWHIKER

This may be a stupid question but I have to ask . Yesterday i decided to remove my seat on my 09 night train to check battery connections for any corrosion and to make sure they were tight . The seat has a little strap that goes over the narrow part of the seat , for cosmetics I guess , it's a real pain to take the seat off and put back on . The strap is screwed to the fender rather than the underside of the seat like I thought it would be . Do most just take the strap off and do away with it ?

I have a Badlander seat on my Dyna. I did away with the strap on mine. At first I tried rigging it up with it secured just under the seat so it was cosmetic, but still there. Then I decided I actually like the look better without it. Kind of a grainy shot, but see below.

TQ

Attachments

• Badlander seat.pdf
    566.7 KB · Views: 38
I thought this same thing, removing and installing the seat with that strap is a PAIN. I thought i heard somewhere that it is required by law?(not that that matters to us) correct me if I am wrong...

BOWHIKER,
Do you have the badlander i am guessing? how is it compared to stock? my stock deuce seat is NOT comfortable.. the badlanders look good, but are they comfy for me and my passenger?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never saw much use in that flimsy strap, and always removed it it looked cheap

BOWHIKER,
Do you have the badlander i am guessing? how is it compared to stock? my stock deuce seat is NOT comfortable.. the badlanders look good, but are they comfy for me and my passenger?

I love my Badlander seat for the Dyna because it is fit for purpose - a lot of short hops and maybe a ride for an hour or so. But there is NO passenger seat to it. Just a wee pad so she (I assume) is not squatting on the tin. But any amount of travel on the back will NOT be welcome by the passenger, especially if it is a mature woman rather than a young chick. Ask me how I know!!

For zoomin' around on basically a solo seat that could haul a guest to the next Ice House or some other short ride destination, it is a GREAT seat. But not for touring or even day trips!!

TQ

thanks..do u guys know of any nice looking seats that would be more comfy than my stock one? I don't want something huge, would like to keep the stock look...i haul a young(27) chick around..

thanks..do u guys know of any nice looking seats that would be more comfy than my stock one? I don't want something huge, would like to keep the stock look...i haul a young(27) chick around..

Depending on how far/long you are hauling for, she may not have any issues with the Badlander. It is a cool looking seat, and she may like that. However, if she is more inclined to have a lot more padding and comfort, your best bet may be to call around to the Dealerships in your area and find one that has the seat trial rig at their location. This allows you and her to sit on some seats to see what "fits".

When I was a younger man, and certainly before my girl friend/wife appeared on the scene, the younger ladies seemed fine with the tail end of the Badlander!! :s

TQ

With the situation we are in with a 20 month old and due anyday with #2..we def wont be going on any HUGE rides for a while... we plan on doing a x country trip sometime, but that may mean buying a REAL comfy one for somethign like that. But for looks, i def just want something better than stock but still sleek looking. She is ok with getting teh short backrest, even know her mom(passenger for 30 years) disagrees with that decision...but we are still young and stupid and would rather have looks over comfort i guess hahaha..I only want to get the back rest so i dont have to worry about her flying off the back if i crank on it...she tends to not be holding on tight enough at those times ....

Back