free website stats program Badboy acting bad | Harley Davidson Forums

Badboy acting bad

slowboy

my '95 Badboy has started acting up...at low rpms, say running 45-50 in 5th gear, it wants to spit and jerk...if I pull choke knob out about a third of the way, it runs fine until I come to a stop and it is idling too high...makes me think engine is starving for gas, or getting too much air, I don't know...I do know my plugs seem to be fouling out with a dry carbon look, no gas, or oil on plugs, or smell...does any body know how to fix this problem...

Thanks,

slowboy [Keith]

Attachments

• fouled plug.jpg
    fouled plug.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 38
my '95 Badboy has started acting up...at low rpms, say running 45-50 in 5th gear, it wants to spit and jerk...if I pull choke knob out about a third of the way, it runs fine until I come to a stop and it is idling too high...makes me think engine is starving for gas, or getting too much air, I don't know...I do know my plugs seem to be fouling out with a dry carbon look, no gas, or oil on plugs, or smell...does any body know how to fix this problem...

Thanks,

slowboy [Keith]

First thing is to look for an intake leak, next Fuel and Carb Related Issues - Harley Davidson Community read the links here

whoever painted tanks, painted inside of gas filler necks...gas ate up paint and I had paint particles in bottom of tanks...I took tanks off, cleaned inside of them and cleaned petcock and filter...this is the first things I did after bike started messing up...I'm just a little bit apprehensive about messing with the carb, but I am disabled, with limited income so it is up to me to fix if it gets done since I can't afford to take it to someone and pay them...I've taken S&S Super B apart, Quadrajet 4MV, and lawn mower carbs apart, cleaned and rebuilt, just a little intimidated with this carb...would like to find step-by-step instructions and/or video somewhere showing how to drain and clean carb

glider...actually it started acting up a while back [couple months]...I looked inside tanks, and there were paint particles in bottom of tanks from where whoever custom painted tanks painted inside gas filler necks/holes...gas ate up the paint, and particles fell into tank...I removed tanks, and cleaned them out, along with petcock and filter...I believe there might be paint particles in carb, at least that's what I'm thinking...I'm gonna drain the carb per your link and hope this does the trick...[one thing...even with the spitting and jerking, the bike has excellent throttle response at all speeds/rpms...but there is also sometimes a popping out of pipes...I'm thinking this might be due to lack of fuel to plugs...possible?]

Back