free website stats program Bad luck today!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad luck today!!

fpd4308

Well I was going to fire up the bike I am rebuilding today and when I was getting ready to put the primary belt on I sheared off the clutch adjustment bolt. #1 that bolt is made of the hardest material on the planet and I am having trouble drilling to get an extractor in it and #2 none of the local parts places have one in stock so it looks like it will be 7 to 10 days before I get to start her up. :34:

Sorry for you bad luck. That bike in your avatar looks pretty nice. You should post some more pictures for us to see.

Sorry for you bad luck. That bike in your avatar looks pretty nice. You should post some more pictures for us to see.

I finally got the broken bolt out now I just have to wait for the part. Thanks for the compliment. That is the very bike I am working on. When I got it, it was nothing more than a frame and about six 3'x2' boxes of parts. I am so close to finishing and there is always something. I will see if I can figure out how to post pics and put some up.

HI - trick I learned a few years ago for drilling out hardened bolts is to use a reground concrete drill bit . if you have a very hard Fine grinding stone you can reshape the tip . has always worked good for hardened exhaust bolts & crank bolts

Back