free website stats program backrest help | Harley Davidson Forums

backrest help

sarge205

just bought a 06 street glide and will be needing a drivers backrest right away. it looks like mustang sells one for the stock seat? a believe this ride still has the stock seat installed. does anyone have a recommendation other than the mustang. i have used their products before and been happy.

If you're running a stock seat e-bay has some driver backrests, some new some used, or you can go to the HD site and order direct from a dealer. Try several cause some have discounted prices. I use New Roc and some have mentioned Zanoties(sp) and others.

Welcome to the forum Sarge. My buddy and I have identical E Glides. I have the HD backrest that is adjustable up and down only. He has the HD backrest that adjusts up/down and also 30 degrees of angle with a cable operated lever. His cost $90 more than mine new, and it's so much more comfortable. Just a tiny bit of angle adjustment on a long trip makes a lot of difference. His previous EGlide had a Mustang backrest that was almost the same.
You can usually find deals on ebay.

Welcome to the forum Sarge. My buddy and I have identical E Glides. I have the HD backrest that is adjustable up and down only. He has the HD backrest that adjusts up/down and also 30 degrees of angle with a cable operated lever. His cost $90 more than mine new, and it's so much more comfortable. Just a tiny bit of angle adjustment on a long trip makes a lot of difference. His previous EGlide had a Mustang backrest that was almost the same.
You can usually find deals on ebay.
Breeze: You don't have "on the fly" adjustability but you can adjust your backrest forward and back and also change the angle. You have to remove the seat and reposition the bracket but with a few tries you can find the perfect setting. The angle can be changed by mounting the front mount over or under the frame tab and even add a few washers to increase or decrease the angle. It took me four or five rides and adjustments but I found the position that best works for me.

I put a Mustang seat on my '99 Ultra and a few years later got a used backrest from ebay. With the shipping it was about $75. Does do wonders for the comfort level, but I never realized how much I slouched in the saddle. The backrest makes you sit a tad straighter, and that put my head just enough higher above the windshield that I got some helmet buffeting. Had to go for a slightly taller windshield. But, well worth it, IMO.....

appreciate the responses, i'll be checking ebay out. am still intrigued by the mustang ads, sure looks like they offer several different backrests and mounts. they actually look almost identical to one a local HD shop was showing me. thanks again!

I have the HD adjustable backrest and I love it !!!
The backrest will adjust up & down & you can adjust the angle on the fly . 2 thumbs up IMO .

Back