free website stats program backrest 2010 limited | Harley Davidson Forums

backrest 2010 limited

chief9042

I am looking to get an adjustable backrest for my 2010 limited. Someone told me that i would have to remove the heat shield on the right side. Is this true and if so, is there anything else I can do? I really dont want to give up the heat shield.

Thanks

I guess there is a button that you push to adjust the backrest. I guess the button gets mounted in place of the heat shield under the shifterside of seat

I thought the dealer told me it was the shifter side. (i don't know what the right/left side is. Sitting on the bike or looking at it.) Thanks for the help. If I have to loose the heat shield I will probably go with the non adjustable.

Well i put the adj b rest on & i cant figure how to have shield & adjuster on at same time. so if someone can let me know..

I didnt install mine (it was there when I bought the bike) but you can definitely have the left heat shield (shifter side so left as I sit on the bike, right as you look at the front) and the adjuster on at the same time...I do....sounds like your dealer doesnt know how they get installed.

Phil

Another option...would be to go w/the manual adjustable backrest. This is the one I went with b/c it pretty much has same positions - just need allen wrench to change pad angle(s). Height's a simple "squeeze & pull/push" and once I had mine dialed-in there's never been a reason to change (yet). Your choice, but I didn't see a need to spend extra cash for the adjuster.

I put the HD adj backrest on an 09 Ultra classic. The adj lever goes on the left side. I did not remove the heat shield but used the top bolt to secure the adj lever. Works great !!

Its like pahdrider said not that hard to do remove top bolt on the left side. I installed mine on a tri-glide took about 2 hours had to read the instructions a couple times.

Moved mine from the RK to the LTD.
I used the bottom bolt hole in the (left) shield and drilled a new hole in the shield at the top threaded hole in the frame. Just measure it out while the shield is off. Took all of 10 minutes. Took a few times to locate the adj. lever while riding. The lever is now hidden under the shield. The bracket looked ugly on the RK anyway.
WAP.gif

Back