backfiring on decel

Discussion in 'TFI Settings' started by harleyguy0983, May 1, 2011.

1. harleyguy0983

harleyguy0983 New Member

i just bought a 2000 roadking fuel injected and it has a dobeck tfi module on it. i have notice when i am riding when i come up to a stop sign from 55mph and down shift it keeps back firing through the exhaust. it has a sreaming eagle stage 1 air cleaner and just a rush exhaust mufflers. not sure what to do to get it to stop back firing. any suggestions would be greatly apprectiated thanks Jeremy

2. JBC2565

JBC2565 Junior Member

3. ultra...good

ultra...good Banned

You are too lean on the low end and or you have an exhaust leak if it does that.

4. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

You'd probably get better results by calling Dobeck customer service and let them walk you through which TFI you have and their suggested settings for your bike. Or if you know which model TFI you have, their website has recommended settings for your bike.

5. HarryB737

HarryB737 Junior Member

If you have the larger Rush baffles, 2.25" you may not get all the back firing out. Rush mufflers are a Flow through design w/Glass packed baffles. What it sounds like you are experiencing is a lack of back pressure on the engine. Proper back pressure is a good thing for proper engine performance and balanced tuning.

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

Most any low restriction muffler will give you decel popping. It's very few that don't.