Back from 11,000 km on my FLHTC

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by dbinbc, Jul 24, 2010.

1. dbinbc

dbinbc Active Member

Just got home from a 2.5 week 11,000 kilometre ride on my '09 Electra Glide (bought new in Feb) Bike loaded and wife on the back, ran great. Averaged 54 mpg Canadian. Ran across Canada from the west coast to S. Ontario, then down into the States as far as West Virginia. Turned west and worked our way to Sturgis, Yellowstone etc. Did the Bear Tooth as well. Rode through cold, wet and 105F hot and windy. Bike now has over 16k and 407 rear tire looks great, 408 front looks great. Handled very well, hardly knew we were loaded down. I have posted pics on my site at:
    2010 Road Trip 1

2. airdrie

airdrie Member

Excellent report of the trip. Thanks for posting! I heard about the TC in Saskatchewan. The rain they had this year certainly hasn't helped. I'm looking forward to doing the Bear Tooth Pass after a run to Sturgis for the rally.

3. Scrappy

Scrappy Active Member

looks like a great trip, and excellent pictures to boot. glad you made it through construction season here in the states. i enjoyed the read thanks!

4. Subby

Subby Active Member

Loks like a great trip. Glad you had a safe ride. Not sure I'd be very happy riding in 105 degrees though. Just finished a 7000 + km trip to the Grand Canyon and Vegas last month and got snowed on over the Monitor Pass out of Tahoe. Would have traded a bit of that heat for the cold.

5. walleye

walleye Junior Member Contributor

That looks like a nice ride, and I am envious. I am gald you had a safe trip as well.:D

6. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

Looks like a great ride. Thanx for posting the pix.

7. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

Great pics looks like a great trip

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Thats a lot of good riding:s

9. Lefty

Lefty Member

I enjoyed your road trip. You did a great job of telling your story and the pictures were great.

10. glenalt

glenalt Junior Member

Thanks for the great trip.