free website stats program Auxilary Light bulbs | Harley Davidson Forums

Auxilary Light bulbs

PeteINny

Has anyone changed their auxilary light bulbs from the standard 27watt to the 50watt? Definately a difference in the light as well as the heat on the lens. Is it too much? Anybody ever have problems with this?

I replaced mine with the 886 bulb a few years ago.
Never had a problem and the increase in light was appreciated.

Thanks gus, have you ever had a problem with lens haze. The inside of my lens has a haze on them. I'm not sure how to clean them, any suggestions? I'm sure that will improve visability a bit.

Thanks gus, have you ever had a problem with lens haze. The inside of my lens has a haze on them. I'm not sure how to clean them, any suggestions? I'm sure that will improve visability a bit.

Can't help you with the haze as I've never had the problem.
Good luck.

Remove the lens from the pot and remove the bulb. Do not touch the glass on the bulb, if you do your fingers will leave oil on the glass. Wash the bulb will alcohol if you did touch it. I soak a soft cloth in a mild soapy water and feed it inside the lens and take a long wooden spoon handle and swish it in side the lens and then rinse with clear water.
kemo

Had a friend put the higher wattage bulbs in and he has what looks like melted lens on the inside now.
Be careful.

Barney Biker
07 EG

Thanks for the replys. I think I will try the 886 bulbs as they appear much brighter. First things first, I'll have to clean the inside of the lens. Glider thanks for the section on cleaning the lens. I could not find it.

Back