free website stats program Audio control switch | Harley Davidson Forums

Audio control switch

tubguy

Hello to all, Wasn`t sure where to post this question. I have a 2010 EG with the right hand switch assembly with the volume control on it. I am changing the black key caps with the chrome caps and during this process while taking off the volume cap with that stupid litlle fork tool they provide to pry off the cap. During this process the Audio control switch that is inside the switch assembly pulled out through the assembly.

Does anyone know if the audio control switch can be purchased on it`s on or does the whole assembely have to be purchased... If not has anyone ever replaced this item and how does the switch get replaced.

Funny thing is it`s such a simple change but so much for overses products.

Thank you Tubguy:(

Sorry I meant the LEFT Side switch assembly

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize for not being clearer,the little pin that goes into the volume switch pulled out so the switch itself came apart. So the switch itself is broken. It was like the keycap was glued on and when i went to pry it off the pin pulled out.

I would say the switch would have to be replaced and by the diagram I sent it doesn't look to hard to do but "Pricey" even at 20% off.
Rereading your original post maybe you can get your dealer to cover it under warranty?? This looks like a case of how well will your dealer take care of you???

tubguy, its a easy fix but will cost you 60-80 dollars for the switch and the pins for the connector.
I broke mine on a 08 street glide at the camp ground in sturgis this year.

basically you have to remove the 2 torx screws on the control housing on the handlebars.

remove you outer fairing run the wires through the loom, splice, put on new pins, remove the old pins out of the connector and snap the new ones in.

If you do not have the proper crimp tool you can just splice into the cut wires connect with a naked butt connector and heat shrink over that.

Good luck with warranty, personally I think a person would have better luck getting a loan from a ex wife.

Bikerfishman, thanks for the reply and as you said no warranty coverage.. The part is actually 95 bucks,the dealers coment was that they`ve never seen that happen!!! I just paid the price and will fix it, i will be splicing in the wires,don`t have a crimping tool. Ive already pulled off the fairing awaiting the piece.

Bikerfishman, thanks for the reply and as you said no warranty coverage.. The part is actually 95 bucks,the dealers coment was that they`ve never seen that happen!!! I just paid the price and will fix it, i will be splicing in the wires,don`t have a crimping tool. Ive already pulled off the fairing awaiting the piece.

"95 bucks"...Ouch!
I see it's part number 71619-98 and HD retail is 59.99. What a Stealer.​

:newsmile093:

After looking into this, this part number 71619-98 is no longer available and has been replaced by part number 71810-08 which Zanotti's shows for 38.99.

That`s 95 bucks Canadian!!! Yep,they nailed me.

Back