free website stats program attaching bag to back rest .Hood or velcro | Harley Davidson Forums

attaching bag to back rest .Hood or velcro

Mweed2009

Looking for new bag for FLHT 2009. What does everyone like when attaching it to back rest hood type or Velcro.

2009 Flht

Mike

I expect it's purely a personal preference, but may I suggest you use a backup system of several bungi cords in addition to whatever type you choose. And don't skimp on bungi quality. It's your stuff going down the highway if they break!

Many use T-bags that slip over the sissy bar/backrest and secure with straps and hook system if you are looking at "ballistic nylon" type setup. Other use the passenger pillion and a saddle pack the can either slip over the sissy bar/backrest or clip hooks and straps to the seat or grab bar/frame. Either way, as Prof stated, make sure it is secure, when storage is behind you out of sight, you can lose stuff and not be aware until it is too late! :s

As the Prof suggested, I would use some type of backup to velcro, bungies work very well and if they are black, they don't stick out like a sore thumb, you know it's gotta look good too...lol

Back