free website stats program at the end of ideas | Harley Davidson Forums

at the end of ideas

ironhead77

This is the problem, I completely rewired my 77 ironhead. it was a total mess when I got it a few summers ago. It turns over fine. I have no spark at the plugs? I have a Dyna dual fire ignition & coil, I tried a new coil with the same results. I have checked to make sure I have power going into the coil and the other end is grounded. That is fine! I have enough volts at the coil, kill and ignition switches are good! I no longer have any ideas!!

spark visible at plug,, plug out of hole ? arcing..ops , missed a few of your words ,switch plug wires. substute other wires..

Would you have a link to the website for that Dyna ignition. If I can see the installation manual for the unit, I can help you.

I have tried to call dyna's helpline and i was on hold for 45 min. its a 53-389 dual fire only has two wires coming out of it a blue and a white, I hooked the white to the positive side and the blue to the ground side. how do you test a mag. pick-up ignition?

"Mag" as in variable magnetic reluctance or mag as in magnetic Hall effect. No web site for their products? I can't download a installation manual?

Opps Thanks Glider!!
(your too fast)

IronHead, Click on Gliders link. 1) Is this the exact setup your using?. 2) You have a 3 wire pickup. 3) Your using a 1 coil setup and are single fire? 4) Are you using a Dyna coil as shown or are you using another brand of coil.

How close does the link represent what you have.

Your brand must not be DynaTek because nothing at their website has a part number or model number of 53-389. I checked for the last couple of years of catalogs. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back