free website stats program ar cones | Harley Davidson Forums

ar cones

mtrbrth3

i am going to put ar cones in my drag pipes.Question is; do i also use gaskets in the pipes as well or do the cones pose as gaskets? also is it myth that without backpressure u can toast a valve?BTW the bike is a 95 xlh 1200

Interesting!

TQ - Is this indicating that you could run the less expensive "drag pipes" with AR's installed and not lose performance? I know that when I shopped for my current pipes, my Bassabi's were about the least expensive while still having some decent style, unless I went with open pipes. I didn't go open because I knew that you loose back preasure and performance...

also is it myth that without backpressure u can toast a valve?BTW the bike is a 95 xlh 1200

Pretty much a myth. You need an air leak very close to the valve to warp a valve.

Interesting!
TQ - Is this indicating that you could run the less expensive "drag pipes" with AR's installed and not lose performance? .

You will probably still lose performance, but it will be less. My experience with drag pipes hasn't been with noticeable power differences, but with chasing the "flat" spots at various rpms.

Thanks Breeze - I have brand-new Bassani's so I'm not buying anything for a long time. But I do have dreams of a DIY bobber some day and there are some snazzy looking drag pipes out there for under 2 bills...

Thanks Breeze - I have brand-new Bassani's so I'm not buying anything for a long time. But I do have dreams of a DIY bobber some day and there are some snazzy looking drag pipes out there for under 2 bills...

Bulldog, you can run screw eyes or also known as lolliops in the drag pipes to create some back pressure and still have the bark of drag pipes, been doing it for years on fish tail drags and it works good:s

Interesting!

TQ - Is this indicating that you could run the less expensive "drag pipes" with AR's installed and not lose performance? I know that when I shopped for my current pipes, my Bassabi's were about the least expensive while still having some decent style, unless I went with open pipes. I didn't go open because I knew that you loose back preasure and performance...

No. You will lose some performance. You can compensate some with tweaking on the carb bikes. I am not sure what the TC FI bikes will do but I would definitely recommend a TFI to allow max fiddling.

But I put drags on my '91 Dyna cause I love the sound. The bike is one of the loudest around. I definitely can't sneak up on anyone even on the highway with their stereo blaring!! The old adage "LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES" applies to that bike or none!!

TQ

Awesome! Its going to be a while before I do a bobber project, but I'm always interested in picking up info. Thanks guys!

Back