free website stats program Apes on a Road King Custom | Harley Davidson Forums

Apes on a Road King Custom

I have a 2004 Road King Custom with the beach bars on them. I've been wanting to install some apes instead. I've been thinking of going 14" because when I had a Dyna Wide Glide my hand would sometime go numb. Will I need to change the brake line and clutch cable.

what bars do you have on your 07 SG? I take it you had beach bars on the WG also?

I have a 2004 Road King Custom with the beach bars on them. I've been wanting to install some apes instead. I've been thinking of going 14" because when I had a Dyna Wide Glide my hand would sometime go numb. Will I need to change the brake line and clutch cable.

I know your asking about using the existing brake and clutch cables, and I would think that if your going that high you will need longer cables. Give these guys a call they may have what you need as a package:Ape Hangers motorcycle Handlebars for Harley Davidson Motorcycles - Hill Country Custom Cycles

Here's a pic of my Road King with 14" apes. I'm 6 ft and they're right at shoulder height.

Texas.jpg

I installed hill country 14 pre wired braided cables ..Expensive ..But I love them...

Did you do the modifications yourself?

No, I had them done at a shop. I didn't have much personal time when I had them done and didn't know when I would have the time to do it myself. I also added all the chrome controls and braided cables when I had it done. I never liked ape hangers and never wanted them. I'd sat on a few bikes that had apes that were up over my head. I didn't understand how anyone could ride like that. But one day I was at a local shop and they had a Road King with apes on it. I sat on it thinking I'd hate it. It was absolutely perfect. I had the parts guy come out and take all the measurements and ordered the bars right then.

No, I had them done at a shop. I didn't have much personal time when I had them done and didn't know when I would have the time to do it myself. I also added all the chrome controls and braided cables when I had it done. I never liked ape hangers and never wanted them. I'd sat on a few bikes that had apes that were up over my head. I didn't understand how anyone could ride like that. But one day I was at a local shop and they had a Road King with apes on it. I sat on it thinking I'd hate it. It was absolutely perfect. I had the parts guy come out and take all the measurements and ordered the bars right then.

This is the way we all wish we could buy parts for our bikes. To actually sit on the bike and feel if it fits us or to see it on a bike like our is the perfect way to find out if we would like or want the part. Since this is not always the case we have this great forum and members that allow us to see exactly how that seat or set of bars will look and some feedback from the member who has made the change. Thanks TXRKC for doing the up front work for us.

Back