free website stats program any H-D salesman here? | Harley Davidson Forums

any H-D salesman here?

hatman231

I was offered a job working as a salesman at an H-D dealer. I have worked GM parts all my life until recently. Has anybody done this?

The owner of the local HD dealer wanted me in the parts department knowing my background. I can't deal with all those numbers but I mentioned that I may be interested as a service adviser position :D

I had a chance last year to work as a service advisor at the same dealership but had to pass because of health reasons and they couldn't wait. The General Mgr called me last week asked if I would be interested in working sales and I am. I worked as a GM parts guy 25 years, got laid off and work Chrysler parts now. The H-D sales job was looking great up until this morning when we discussed the method in which I will have to earn my money. My excitement about a new job and working with a product I really like turned into dissapointment. I have to talk to my wife but it looks like I can't afford to take the job at this time because the cut would be too severe. I am too inexperienced with too much to learn.

I worked as a GM parts guy 25 years, got laid off and work Chrysler parts now.

Doesn't sound like Chrysler is the place to be either IMO from what I have been hearing about them.

Not too many secure jobs around lately that you can say you like to work at. The sales position isn't great with the economy the way it is either even with a HD dealer where it can be considered a luxury toy.

Good luck with what ever you choose and hope it works out for you.

Back