Antenna ?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by tande, Jan 6, 2009.

1. tande

tande Member

I have a O8 FLHTCU I would like to change antenna's who makes the best short antenna's .I don't want to lose reception.

2. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

Welcome to the Forum.
    Well I was going to try and pase in a link to previous thread but I don't know how. If you use the search box at the top and put in "Short Antenna" There are a couple of threasds out there already. Different guys have tried different things. There are replacements from J & M, Raido Shack and of course HD made them standard on the 09
    I have an 08 also but I like the long look.

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Try this...

Search Results - Harley Davidson Community

Mattman4403

If you copy and paste the address in the address bar up top that you are trying to reference and paste it in this thread, that's how it's done.

4. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

Thanks. I am learning.

5. amckay63

amckay63 Member

What did you use to fill the holes?

6. amckay63

amckay63 Member

That about covers it. Thanks, Lew!

7. whatyardwork

whatyardwork Banned

If you want to gain the rest of your reception back without adding an antenna you can use an antenna amplifier from any 80's or 90's Volvo.They used a wire encapsulated in a flat piece of tin and located it in the rear bumper on the right rear.All thats required is plug modification.Any junk yard will probably give it to you as they wont even know what it is.

8. dan1551

dan1551 Account Removed

I`m using J&M............. happy....happy....happy!

9. SCTexas Ultra

SCTexas Ultra Member

I put the ones from HD on mine (under $35 for the pair) and they have worked great. I have not tried the CB yet, but I am hoping that it will be fine.