Another Handle Bar Question

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by rklew, Mar 21, 2010.

1. rklew

rklew Active Member

Looking for bars for my 09 RK for more pull back. Looking at the Harley Reduced Reach or the Heritage bars. Anyone have these on their rides? Thanks for any replys....Lew

2. 9FLHR

9FLHR Active Member

I changed mine to the Heritage style on my 09RK and works for me. No cable changes.
    Just be gentle with the throttle wire :0

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

4. rklew

rklew Active Member

Thanks for the replys. I think I'll be looking into the Heritage bars. I'm looking for something that will also let me sit back a little more then what the stock bars do.

9FLHR, do the bars help decrease the reach? I'm looking for less reach so I can lean back a little more.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2010
  5. 9FLHR

9FLHR Active Member

Yes they do. I also changed the seat to a HD Sundowner. With the bars, seat and foot pegs, almost resembles my recliner! :D

6. Jerry1834

Jerry1834 Member

I changed to Hertiage bars for my 09 RKC...better reach for me.

7. rklew

rklew Active Member

Thanks for all the replys gang. Look's like I'll be going with the Heritage Bars.

8. rklew

rklew Active Member

I sat on a Heritage today and the bars are much higher, but that wasn't on a 09 RK it was on a Heritage. I would also like to check out the Reduced Reach bars. Anyone out there have them, and what do you think?

9. wulffman

wulffman New Member

Did anyone have issues with the cruise control or ABS with the Herritage Bars?

10. cromedome

cromedome Active Member

Did the Heritage bars on my RG, with cruse and ABS,Sundowner seat, no problems, took about 2 hours, like the 3" pull back, much more relaxed in shoulders/arms....if it were any more comfy, I would take a nap on it....LOL