free website stats program Another Handle Bar Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Another Handle Bar Question

rklew

Looking for bars for my 09 RK for more pull back. Looking at the Harley Reduced Reach or the Heritage bars. Anyone have these on their rides? Thanks for any replys....Lew

I changed mine to the Heritage style on my 09RK and works for me. No cable changes.
Just be gentle with the throttle wire :0

Thanks for the replys. I think I'll be looking into the Heritage bars. I'm looking for something that will also let me sit back a little more then what the stock bars do.

I changed mine to the Heritage style on my 09RK and works for me. No cable changes.
Just be gentle with the throttle wire :0
9FLHR, do the bars help decrease the reach? I'm looking for less reach so I can lean back a little more.

Last edited by a moderator:
9FLHR, do the bars help decrease the reach? I'm looking for less reach so I can lean back a little more.

Yes they do. I also changed the seat to a HD Sundowner. With the bars, seat and foot pegs, almost resembles my recliner! :D

I sat on a Heritage today and the bars are much higher, but that wasn't on a 09 RK it was on a Heritage. I would also like to check out the Reduced Reach bars. Anyone out there have them, and what do you think?

Did the Heritage bars on my RG, with cruse and ABS,Sundowner seat, no problems, took about 2 hours, like the 3" pull back, much more relaxed in shoulders/arms....if it were any more comfy, I would take a nap on it....LOL

Back