free website stats program another bike cleaning thread | Harley Davidson Forums

another bike cleaning thread

Irish Hog

I woke up in the early morning today and put on the TV and was watching a infomercial on the monster1200 steam blaster. I noticed one potion of the show that they were cleaning a motorcycle with this thing. It seems like it would do a great job and would be alot safer than just hosing down the bike. You don't need to use any chemicals and you can just aim the high pressure steam where you want it. It does use some kind of chemical in the water mixture, I would like to know what that is, but I am sure you do not have to add it if you are cleaning outdoor parts and things.

Thought I would pass it along to see what you guys thought of it..I think I am going to give it a shot, since it has a million other uses, if it works like they say :33:

Monster 1200 Official Site - Clean Your Home with the Power of Steam!

Use it in your house, not on your bike. Have you seen what steam does to things?
So you think it is a bad idea??. I really did not think much about it, I just saw the people cleaning the motorcycle with the thing and thought it was a good idea. This is why I posted this before I ordered it.. Just getting some opinions..Still would like to get one for the house, it looks useful..

So you think it is a bad idea??. I really did not think much about it, I just saw the people cleaning the motorcycle with the thing and thought it was a good idea. This is why I posted this before I ordered it.. Just getting some opinions..Still would like to get one for the house, it looks useful..

Don't know if he could have been much clearer - do not use it on your bike! Steam is a combination of moisture and extreme heat - both very bad for your bike and it's components, especially under pressure.

Back