free website stats program Android Apps | Harley Davidson Forums

Android Apps

Its not specific to motercycles but my Droid X came with Google Navagation installed (the app is called Navigation but it uses Google maps). It does turn by turn and works pretty good - plus its free (if you don't count the cost of the phone or the monthly cell service...)

Its not specific to motercycles but my Droid X came with Google Navagation installed (the app is called Navigation but it uses Google maps). It does turn by turn and works pretty good - plus its free (if you don't count the cost of the phone or the monthly cell service...)
The Droid App works great as a GPS unit. My wife has a Droid phone and the GPS using Google Maps works excellent. But if you do count the cost of those "smart phones" upwards of a hundred bucks a month, buying a GPS with no monthly fees is a much chapter option. But then again they charge for maps updates. I generally go several years before I get an update.

I've used that same app... works incredibly well. If you also download another app... Street View for Google Maps... when you get close to your destination, your navigation app will display a photo of where you're going. I've used it alongside my Zumo550 and have been very impressed. While I love my Zumo, I don't know if I'll be buying another standalone GPS. I don't include the cost of the phone, nor the monthly service... since I purchased both of those anyway... instead, I see it as getting more for the sunk cost I've already spent. :) Of course, that's just IMHO.

I have found several android navigation apps but none specific for motorcycles. I did find two apps for motorcycles, Hog Me and Ride Logger. Hog Me lists the dealerships and gives directions and Ride Logger logs routes, speeds, lean angles etc. I have downloaded them but not had the time to use either of the two, so I can't comment on how well they work.

Ride Logger sounds cool. Like black box in your pocket... LOL When you auger in the NTSB can find your black box and see what happened.

What will they think of next. I can imagine some guy on a crotch rocket looking at his lean angle app while taking a corner at mach 2

Back