free website stats program amsoil touble? | Harley Davidson Forums

amsoil touble?

09 deluxe

I've seen a few threads where people have mentioned that they don't like amsoil? Do they have a bad product? Is Mobil 1 vtwin or Spectro synthetic just better? or is the company hard do deal with?

Please enlighten me.

I have used the 20W50 vtwin engine oil from Amsoil, and I did think it was a good product. But I have to agree that there are too many "marketing" issues with the company for my taste now. So I use M1 VTwin 20W50 in the engine, Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum 6-speed Transmission Oil in the tranny, and Spectro Heavy Duty Primary Chaincase Oil in the primary. AND I change all of them every 3K miles or so. I figure I spent $15.5K on the bike, $3K on the tranny, I will definitely spend $225/year keeping the fluids as clean as practical. The "extra" changes of tranny gear lube and primary fluid only add $60/year, so it is VERY cheap insurance IMHO. Others have the freedom to do as they please with their engines and transmissions. Will not affect what I do with mine.

TQ

Dude,you could also try OPIE OILS,if they dont have it,they'll get it for you.Great company to deal with,nothing is too much trouble.I get all my oils from there,(RED LINE make terriffic products)

Ta for that guys. Useful to know. I've done my M1 Vtwin so next will be the Spectro Primary for the tranny and primary in the Sporty. They just do the home brand HD oils at my dealership, good place tho' it is.

Like Smitty said, it's about thier over agressive marketing. When you get a chance, do an internet search for something about "synthetic oil, or motorcycle oil". Out of all the results, try finding one that is not sponsored by Amsoil in some way. They have some very good articles, but I doubt that it's not biased in thier favor. On the upside, MOBIL1 vtwin comes out very good on all of thier tests. If Amsoil says Mobil1 is very good, that's what I want to use.

Back