free website stats program Alloy Art TRX stabilizer | Harley Davidson Forums

Alloy Art TRX stabilizer

Calwest

Guys, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Alloy Art TRX2 frame stabilizer. I have one on order for the 04 Electraglide and wouldn't mind some feedback as to what to expect. My only concern is vibration transfer to the rest of the bike, although I have also read that is attributable to over tightening or improper installation. I have the bike in for tires ect. so I'm going to let the dealer put it on next week. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Guys, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Alloy Art TRX2 frame stabilizer. I have one on order for the 04 Electraglide and wouldn't mind some feedback as to what to expect. My only concern is vibration transfer to the rest of the bike, although I have also read that is attributable to over tightening or improper installation. I have the bike in for tires ect. so I'm going to let the dealer put it on next week. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

I would make sure the engine/trans are properly aligned before installation. If the drive train is not aligned, handling could go from bad to worse. Why are you installing the stablizer anyway? Handling issues?

More of a preventative measure. I rode an 08 Glide in Las Vegas this year for a couple of days and repeatedly had what I can describe as a floating back end on and off highway ramps and long turns at about 70MPH. Slower was no issue and I didn't want to push it. So I researched it more and it seemed to be a known issue and since I ride with my teenagers on the back I wanted to make sure that bike was as stable as possible. I live in the Rocky Mountains and there isn't a lot of forgiveness on many of these roads even at slower speeds. Really just trying to make sure everything is as tight as it should be.

On my 05 FLTRI I decided to install a rear stabilizer because of a wobble while in a tight high speed left hander. I researched the different products on the market and went with one made in Canada called TRW rear stabilizer. I looked at the Alloy Art and it has some great reviews and I'm sure it is a quality product, I just did not like the way it mounted to the underside of the frame. All that said I have not had any handling problems since install. and no noticeable vibration.

I don't have a wobble problem, but sorta pay attention to the stabilizer reviews and comments. The Alloy Art has some of the least effective reviews. The Bagger Brace has some of the highest. Price difference is about 2x.

Edit for above post of mine. The negative reviews for Alloy Art I read were NOT for the TRX, but for the lighter weight model. The TRX mounting is similar to the Bagger Brace. It looks stout.

I most certainly did, but that would give me one possibly biased answer. A larger sampling of un biased opinions should yield a better outcome. I believe that's the value that participating in forums like these add. A few opinions one way or another can be meaningless, but many with the same experience indicate a trend or indicate an issue that could be both positive or negative. Makes sense to me anyway.

Back