free website stats program Air Suspension Pump | Harley Davidson Forums

Air Suspension Pump

glider.

BOT Machine
The "no loss" gauge is a gauge with a different type of head that will attach without the usual"psssst" that you get when using the tire gauges to check pressures.
The air shock system is a low volume system and using a regular gauge will deplete the air in the system by a small amount every time you test the pressure. The "no loss" gauges are made to eliminate that and are available at the dealer for about $47 and worth it.

NEVER use an air hose in a gas station to fill these shocks, you could blow the line out and damage the shock also.

Basically the no loss gauge seals the connection before depressing the valve so there's no loss of air.

Touring Suspension Air Pump, 54630-03A,

View attachment 3288

Just a adder to this ---- DON"T use it to air up the tires on your scoot like I have seen a couple of folks do!! NOT even made for such applications!!!

Just a adder to this ---- DON"T use it to air up the tires on your scoot like I have seen a couple of folks do!! NOT even made for such applications!!!

LOL using that pump to air up the tires, they probably aren't done yet! Interesting to see this post, as I ran into this issue last night. I checked and filled the air level in the shocks, and decided to use a regular tire gauge to check the pressure afterward, and to also see how accurate the regular tire gauge was, since I have found the gauge on the HD pump to be very accurate. Long story short, using the tire gauge dumped all of the air out of the air shocks. Good tip.

J&P has 3 different pumps, 30psi, 60psi and 100psi. why three different models and which is best for a 2009 road king classic.

thanks in advance,
bob

as a noobie, how does one know how much air to put in/out? is there a chart with basic guidelines?

I just bought a pump and checked the air in my shocks and the pressure was 0 psi. I pumped about 15 lbs. into shocks and they would not hold pressure. I'm not sure if it is the shocks, the tubing or fittings that are leaking. Is there any proper way to trouble shoot this problem?

I just bought a pump and checked the air in my shocks and the pressure was 0 psi. I pumped about 15 lbs. into shocks and they would not hold pressure. I'm not sure if it is the shocks, the tubing or fittings that are leaking. Is there any proper way to trouble shoot this problem?
I had similar problem and followed service manual instructions for fixing leaks after using the soap/water spray which showed leak at compression fitting/tubing interface on right shock. I detached tubing from shock fitting and trimmed off a short piece that was visibly compressed and not sealing properly, then reinserted tubing into fitting. I pumped shocks to 25 psig and they now hold air, no leaks. Incidentally, this apparently also corrected some of my wobble/instability when cornering...much more stable now, and the only thing I changed that may have affected stability performance...'05 EG Classic.

Back