air filter

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by rydahog, Feb 27, 2011.

1. rydahog

rydahog Active Member

good ideas on "11" air filter for my SG? K&N.?..i want to start with this then add tfi bodeck,,then on to a decent exhaust. thanks

2. jdaws

jdaws Active Member

If your keeping the stock cover, that would be a good start.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

One of the first things I change on a new Scooter is the air filter, I use K-N:s

4. FerrousBueller

FerrousBueller Junior Member

Just installed one of these last week, "K&N Product Information for RK-3910".
    Planning to wring it out a little bit tomorrow (weather pending). Very easy install! Please look for my post in a few minutes from now about the install. I'll post results on the wringing out soon on the same post.

5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

You can always get the HD SE Air Filter kit as part of your Stage 1 upgrade and then stick the K&N filter element inside as your budget permits.

6. Duane53

Duane53 Active Member

I have the S/E stage 1 A/C and have been pleased with.

7. hammerhead pat

hammerhead pat Active Member

And you don't have to oil the S/E filter!

8. maine-e-axe

maine-e-axe Junior Member

I would do the pipes 1st. If you can't get more air(exhaust) out of the motor it doesn't do any good to get more air into the motor. And the exhaust get's rid of some heat and you'll like that this summer. JMHO

9. JerryL

JerryL Member

The screamin eagle air filter kit includes a k&n style reusable filter. If my memory serves, K&N even makes the filter for the kit.

Yes, you have to clean and re-oil the SE filter.

10. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Good call JerryL...K&N is the "aftermarket" performance air filter element of choice by most major makers of custom air cleaners. :s

If the OP wants to flow more air K&N is a good choice, and you can always "cut out" the chrome air cleaner a bit...and save $$$'s in the process. :p

[​IMG]