free website stats program afr guage | Harley Davidson Forums

afr guage

marknett

I notice the new gen 4 controller has a afr guage with to tell you where you are on your mixture ..Can you do this an add-on for other units as a reference tool?

If you mean to use the unit as a "stand-alone" A/F ratio meter,,, I spoke to them awhile back and asked the same question. No, it can't be used in that way.

Why not just go with the Gen4?
It comes with the AFR guage and that is where you set the tuner from.

I did find this but it is a little pricey just for monitoring purposes and no actual controlling

Interesting product. Purchase price is not cheap but rental price is certainly fair. You could do a bunch of testing/tuning in a week. It would be awesome to rent a pair and do both cylinders in one shot.
I wonder if can just install the wideband sensor into the factory bung if you wanted to,,,(instead of using the nutsert tool)?

Other than the AFR gauge, is there any difference between the Gen3 or Gen4??? And can the gauge be removed after the TFI is all set??? I'm not crazy about having that gauge mounted to my bars permanently. And then later on if I do some other mods, can I hook up the gauge again to reset the TFI and then remove it again??? Or are these questions I should call Dobeck about???
Thanks.

Back