Advice - Paint Scratch Repair

Discussion in 'Other Service and Maintenance' started by tdj45, Jan 25, 2010.

1. tdj45

tdj45 Member

well as luck would have it. was cruising down the interstate sat when i got nailed in the fairing by a rock or something. my question is is there anything that can be done for dings and scratches without having to repaint.

2. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

If it's through the clear coat, unless it solid black. I've had luck touching up black and buffing out but metallic colors a good painter might have luck with it but I would not try messing with it yourself. If it's just in the clear coat it can buffed out. Would a bra cover it?

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

There are a couple guys who know paint...Whatyardwork and Steve07...I would wait for PM them for some tips as well as use the Search tab and type in keyword like paint or fix paint Just do not be too aggressive and quick until you research it a bit. See [pst #5 below...

http://www.hdtalking.com/touring_models/19568-scratch_repair.html

4. whatyardwork

whatyardwork Banned

Newhd you just saved me a bunch of typing.One of these days I'll get around to adding pictures to scratch repair.

5. mstngjoe

mstngjoe Member

Thankfully I've not had any chips yet on my Softail.

But, when I had a couple on my Sporty I used this stuff:

LANGKA Paint Chip and Scratch Repair

For me it worked real nice along with some HD factory touch-up (which wasn't exactly cheap!!!)

6. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Using Whatyardworks instructions,I had very good results repairing chips/scratchs on my Dodge truck. It is metallic green paint, and now the defects have to be looked for.