free website stats program Adding oil pressure guage. | Harley Davidson Forums

Adding oil pressure guage.

67hat34c

Was considering adding oil pressure guage to 08 1200. See some bikes with the gauge mounted on the engine so it can be read if you look down.

Reason for this is that some claim that the synthetic-nano filters are too fine for the EVO engine. Some claim when they get some miles on them they may clog and cause the bypass to operate too often. I want to be able to observe oil pressure with new filter attached and monitor as it ages.

Theory is that if the filter is too restrictive it should cause increased oil pressure as it ages and if bypass opens there should be an immediate drop as the flow increases. Am I right on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw that post, this is the reason I am posting this question. Some of the facts/contentions on that post do not make sense to me. If the filter was that restricted then would the bypass not open and allow the flow? Would think 5k oil changes would prevent overclogged filter as well.

There are a lot of myths out there regarding filters, oil, and other stuff. I thought the pressue guage would be one way to bust or prove a myth.

Back