Added tour pac w/ tail/Stop light

Discussion in 'Other Service and Maintenance' started by Double ELL, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Double ELL

Double ELL Member

I have a 09 Hertiage Classic and just added a Two Up Tour Pac, The bag has a very nice LDE mounted Tail/Break light mounted between the Buckles that was added to the bag.

My Question is, does anyone make a adaptor that can be pluged into the existing harness and run power to the light or do I just have to splice into existing Tail/Stop wires to get power to the light. I did check w/ my local HD Dealer about a Harness and they were the ones who suggested I would have to splice into the existing wires.

Thanks,
    Double Ell

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

3. BikeSAG

BikeSAG Active Member

I added a tour pak to my 07 Heritage Classic, post a pic of yours for us to see.

Thanks

Attached Files:

4. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

How did you hook up the lights?

5. Double ELL

Double ELL Member

Looks like will have to splice into the tail light wiring under the seat and install a quick connect at the tour pack being it connected by Two Up Detachable Rack. Attached is a couple picture of it, once completed I'll post more pic.'s

Attached Files:

6. BikeSAG

BikeSAG Active Member

No lights on mine, just the tour pak.

7. Double ELL

Double ELL Member

Finished it up today, very satified with everything. Stopped by my local HD shop and picked up the Tail/Stop conversaion module so my rear single lights now become Stop/Tail/Turn, and also with the LED Tail/Stop light mounted on the bag which fuctions as a tail light plus strobes and intensifies when the brakes are applyed, there is alot of light in the back now. Happy, Happy, Happy

attached are a couple of pictures with just tail lights

Attached Files:

• sl1.jpg
      sl1.jpg
      File size:
      35.4 KB
      Views:
    • sl3.jpg
      sl3.jpg
      File size:
      75.9 KB
      Views:
    • sl2.jpg
      sl2.jpg
      File size:
      88.6 KB
      Views:
  8. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Good deal, the ONLY moving accident I was involved in was actually me stopped at an intersection signalling a right turn and the lady did not see my taillight or signal in broad daylight...pushed me halfway into the intersection, and then I fell over!:bigsmiley30:

Needless to say I am a believer in high taillight and running lights with bright LED brake lighting in back AND bright headlight in front. Never another such experience, that was about 20 years ago! :guitar

9. BikeSAG

BikeSAG Active Member

Looks great! Good job with the install. You'll love the extra carrying space. When I bought mine I figured I would put it on for long trips and take it off otherwise.....wrong, I love the extra storage space so much I have never taken it back off. Some day I want to get it painted to match the tins.

10. Double ELL

Double ELL Member

This worked out very well from the start, you see to start I purchased the bag with the detachable mount w/the LED installed from a friend of a friend for $300.00 The only problem was the detachable mount was for a Road King so I had to purchase a detachable mount for a Heritage which cost me $230.00 plus $40.00 for the mounts. Still a Great deal at $570.00. I have no intention of ever taking off the bag unless it to srevice something. Next addition to it will be to remove the windshield and replace it with a Faring.

I leaning toward a Memphis Shade being I have HD Boom Speakers installed so no need for a raido. Any one has a Memphis Shade Faring installed and are you satified with it?

Also have the Detachable mount that will fit Road King thru 08' and the passenger back rest with the luggage rack that was on the bike I'd like to get rid of. Attached are pictures of the Detachable Mount for a Road King and Passenger back rest and luggage rack for 09' Heritage
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and support!!!

Attached Files: